So I’m headed home tomorrow Then I have a super busy week ahead of me, and then I’ll finally be leaving for school.
I’m not sure if I’m ready to go back or not. I can’t wait to go back and see all my friends and settle into our new apartment, but I’m feeling a wiiiiittle bit uncertain about how I’ll manage to do everything that I want to do. Keeping up with a blog, especially a food blog that requires additional time for recipe development and photography, is a very time consuming thing. When you factor in my time commitment to classes, clubs/societies, and working out, it looks like my days are going to be veerrryyyy busy. But hey, challenge accepted.
I’m the sort of person who thrives on packed schedules and busy days once I get into a good rhythm. It’ll just take a little while for me to sort all of that out, and if I seem a little MIA here on Primal Bites over the next few weeks, you know why. I promise I won’t let blogging fall to the complete wayside though! I have so many yummy recipes I’m developing, but I’ve gotta get them just right before I share.
Now anyways, I hope some of you guys caught my product review for EPIC bars, because those things rock. I have a few more fantastic product reviews comin’ your way in the next few weeks that I’m excited to share with you guys! I’m so excited to see the market for Paleo friendly goods booming, and I love trying all these new goodies! I honestly haven’t found a product that I wouldn’t endorse yet.
Another thing I endorse: guacamole deviled eggs. I love hard/soft boiled eggs on their own, but with the addition of avocado, these deviled eggs are packed with healthy, filling fats, thus making this an awesome snack that will keep you full and keep you focused. I think I just quoted a Frosted Mini Wheats commercial… Oops.
Plus, who doesn’t love guacamole?! Guac goes with everything. So here ya go ladies and gents, the ultimate protein and fat packed snack.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Halve your hard boiled eggs, remove the yolks, and set the whites aside.
- Place four of the yolks in a bowl, and discard the other two. Mash together the yolks with the avocado.
- Mix in the Dijon mustard, minced garlic, lime, cilantro, paprika, salt and pepper, and adjust to taste. Some people like their guac really lime-y, some like it salty, so now’s the time to taste and adjust until it’s to your liking.
- Spoon the guacamole into the halved hard boiled egg whites.
- Garnish with paprika and/or cilantro, and eat!