Juuuust in time for Valentine’s Day–a.k.a. International Singles Awareness Day, a.k.a. my excuse to consume more chocolate and wine than normal– I have this r.a.d. fudge recipe for you!
I’m a sucker for white chocolate. I know, I know– You don’t get the antioxidants that you get with dark chocolate. But if you haven’t heard me say this before: I believe in everything in moderation! Even the not so nourishing foods. Like white chocolate 🙂 This recipe is stupid easy and perfect to gift to your Valentine. Or yourself.
FYI I said this last year and I’ll say it again…
#foreveralone #seekingaswolemate :'(
Valentine’s Day is the day after my first powerlifting meet in 6 months and post injury/PT so I’m gonna be totally wiped. Thus, my plans consist of napping, netflixing and eating oodles of yum yums with my mom. So I’m pretty sure I win Valentine’s Day. Plus I have this fudge so I definitely win Valentine’s Day.
- 1 C high quality white chocolate, chopped* or 1 C cocoa butter, chopped, plus 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ C cherries (fresh or frozen), halved
- ½ C coconut oil
- ¼ C coconut cream (skimmed from the top of a refrigerated can of full fat coconut milk)
- Place half of the chopped white chocolate, the cherries, coconut oil and coconut cream in a double boiler over simmering water.
- Stir periodically until all of the ingredients have melted and you have a smooth mixture. Remove from heat, add the remaining white chocolate, and stir until that has melted too.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment lined ~6x6 pan or glass dish. Alternatively you can pour it into an ice try for pre-measured servings.
- Place the dish/tray in the freezer to set (it'll take a few hours).
- Once set, slice, and enjoy! Store in the fridge or freezer.