Time for Day 2 of my Holiday Recipe Series! Whoop whoop!
I decided to simply call this a “loaf” because it isn’t cake, nor is it bread… It’s just a loaf. That cool with you? Okay great, me too.
Just sayin, you could make some pretty bomb french toast with this Eggnog Loaf. And if not, I highly suggest toasting it and slathering on some butter OR some of my Persimmon Butter (as pictured) which will be the next recipe in my Holiday Recipe Series!
Ideally you’d be using homemade eggnog which is actually really easy to make. But if you just gotta use that store bought brand, go for it. I’m not judging. If you’re on the East Coast and your grocery store carries T.S Creamery products, opt for their grassfed, carrageenan-free eggnog (that’s what I used). West Coasters and everyone in between, if you can get your hands on some local, grassfed eggnog, do it!
Have you checked out my first holiday recipe in the series??
Holiday Series Day 1: DIY Hot Chocolate Mix
- ¾ C cashew butter
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- ⅓ C eggnog
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Grease a medium loaf tin (4x8 is good).
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and evenly combined.
- Let the batter sit for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until visibly cooked through to the center (you'll be able to tell just by looking at the top of the loaf).
- Serve toasted with butter, coconut oil, or persimmon butter!