It’s happening! We’re officially one week out from the release of my eCookbook Paleo in a Pinch! I feel like I’m a mother birthing her child into the world. I’ve been working on this thing for so long, it’s about time I release it into the wild. It’s chock full of recipes that will realistically fit into your busy schedule, whether you’re a student, a stay at home mom, or a 9-5er with little time to spare.
Check out the new page titled “ebook” for a few more details about Paleo in a Pinch!
In celebration of the upcoming release I decided to share one of my all time favorite recipes that is featured in Paleo in a Pinch: the Chicken Bacon Ranch Skillet. Holy cannoli this thing is tasty! It’s SO easy and a surefire crowd pleaser.
If you give this recipe a go, tag me on Instagram (@primalbites) and use the hashtag #paleoinapinch! And don’t forget: check back next week for the official release so you can get your hands on a copy of Paleo in a Pinch
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless and skinless), diced into 1 inch cubes
- 3 packed cups kale, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ C coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill (or 1 ½ tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley (or 1 ½ tsp dried)
- First, in a small bowl whisk together the coconut milk, lemon juice, paprika, chives, dill and parsley. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet. Remove and set on a paper-towel lined plate.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant and the onion starts to become translucent (2-3 minutes). Then add the cubed chicken breast, and stir around until the chicken is cooked on every side (about 3 minutes).
- Next add the kale, mushrooms, and coconut milk “ranch” mixture. Stir to evenly coat all of the ingredients in the “ranch” and then turn the heat down to medium and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are cooked, the kale is wilted and the chicken is cooked through (about 5-6 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.