Well friends, after a brief hiatus, I’m back to blogging! I needed to take a little break from social media-ing. And while I’ve still been cooking, I honestly haven’t felt very inspired the last few weeks (until now!) But now I’m feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on the internetz again!
Quick life update: I competed in my first powerlifting meeting almost a month ago and LOVED it! I finished with 264 lb squat/165 lb bench/357.5 lb deadlift for a total of 786.5 lbs, which earned me silver in both the Juniors and Open division for my weight class, and qualified me for USAPL Raw Nationals (which I am a little over a month out from now).
In related news, my friend Cameron wrote a little diddy on me and my health journey which you can read here!
Lastly, I’m back at school in NYC and in my second week of classes. Life is about to get real hectic again real quick, but Imma do my best to keep producing content for you guys because I love y’all ❤️
And on that note, a new recipe! (albeit an easy one…) for the first time in 52 days?
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and shaved (either carefully with a mandolin or just thinly sliced with a knife)
- 3 leeks, trimmed, sliced crosswise every ½ inch or so, and rinsed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the shaved brussels sprouts and leeks. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and pepper, and sauté for another minute.
- Serve with fresh lemon slices!