Me on Fridays:
I have this thing where I’m incapable of being productive on Fridays. I always aspire to finish all my work for the weekend on Friday, buuuut that has yet to happen once.
Imma keep this brief though so I can ~try~ to get back to work and knock some stuff out before my busy day tomorrow.I’m going to a Sustainable Innovation workshop for most of tomorrow and then I’m going to the Paleo Parents Real Life Paleo book signing!! Squeeeeee (as Stacy would say ) I can’t wait to meet them! I’ve also got a cookbook review in the works, in which I will be enumerating the many reasons you MUST buy that book.
Anywho, I did a little beetroot tutorial earlier this week and told you to save your greens, so here’s a nifty way to prepare them!
- a few handfuls of beet greens, cleaned and chopped into 1 inch wide slices
- ½ cup brewed coffee
- 1 Tbsp butter or ghee
- salt and pepper
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the greens to the skillet and toss to coat in the butter.
- Add the coffee and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Sauté until the greens have cooked down and the coffee has been cooked off.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste!