I was talking to my mom on the phone yesterday and she goes, “You need to make something with vegetables for the blog, something green.” I guess my recent recipes have been pretty meat heavy.. But little did she know that just hours before I had been making this broccoli-brussies deliciousness!
Anyone else call brussels sprouts brussies? I picked it up from my pal Paleo Catwon. Brussels sprouts is just too long, and given how often I talk about brussels sprouts (a.k.a. a lot), it can be arduous to repeatedly type out b-r-u-s-s-e-l-s s-p-r-o-u-t-s. Jafeel? Maybe I’m just lazy. Or maybe I like to refer to my veggies with more affectionate nicknames.
Anywho, a nice big bowl of this broccoli and brussies puree is sure to cure your case of the Mondays
- 4-5 cups broccoli
- 4-5 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1-2 Tbsp ghee or grassfed butter (just sayin, it tastes best when made with OMGhee!)
- 2 tsp FlavorGod Garlic Lovers Seasoning*
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- In a large pot, boil the broccoli and brussels sprouts until they're very tender.
- Drain the veggies, and then either in a food processor or in a large bowl with an immersion blender, puree the veggies with the ghee, seasoning, and salt.
- Serve warm!
Just kidding! FlavorGod is amazing, but if you aren't one of the cool kids who owns it then you can just use a garlic and herb seasoning mix, like this or some variation of that.