Well friends, today is the day I finally begin my first Whole30! If we’re gonna get real technical, it’s my second attempt, but my last attempt was thwarted by my unexpected college transfer situation (I only had a few days left in Scotland and wanted to eat one last scone and some fish & chips…) So I’m kinda pretending that all didn’t happen, and I’m starting fresh.
My frand Alex (better known as @paleochocoholic on Instagram) and I decided to undertake this Whole30 together to keep one another accountable (she has already completed several Whole30’s so I’m happy to have a seasoned Whole30 veteran by my side). My mom has also decided to take the plunge and join us, which I’m extremely proud of her for!
So this means that all my recipes for the next month will be Whole30 compliant, the first one being today’s Tarragon Eggs! These are super soft and fluffy, just how I like my scrambled eggs 🙂 The tarragon imbues a fresh and light flavor, the mayo keeps the eggs extra creamy, and the truffle sea salt rounds it all out. Truffle sea salt may be a little tricky to find, so you can also just use normal sea salt! For anyone who is curious, I got my truffle salt here.
The trick to fluffy eggs is patience. There’s really no special ingredient that will make your eggs fluffy, you need to just be patient 🙂 Cook them low and slow, and stir frequently!
- 4-6 eggs
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil mayo
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh tarragon
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Truffle Sea Salt
- Whisk the eggs vigorously with the mayo and tarragon
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. As soon as it is melted, add the whisked eggs and turn the heat down to low.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir the eggs frequently. Just before you think the eggs are done (probably after about 10 minutes, they should still look a little moist and slightly undercooked) turn the heat off and let the eggs sit for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Truffle Sea Salt and serve.