Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear Saraaaaaah, happy birthday to me!
Today’s the big day, I have officially entered a new decade of my life. The third decade to be exact. That’s freaky.
Unfortunately I have spent most of today doing work in the library, not the ideal way to spend a birthday.. Last year, I skipped all my classes and got a massage 🙂 But that just wasn’t going to be feasible this year, since I had a presentation and I still have to finish a report…In 24 hours though, all this work will be worth it though because I’M GOING TO VENICE!!!!!
I’m so excited. A weekend in Venice will more than make up for a lackluster birthday. My flat mate Shelby and I are going tomorrow until Sunday. Ya know, casual weekend getaway to Italy. Oh, the perks of going to school in Scotland. RyanAir and EasyJet just make it too easy and affordable. Why not go to Italy when roundtrip airfare is less than 200 bucks? Riddle me that.
So my friend Malina posted this on my FaceBook wall today along with well wishings for my birthday, and I lol’d pretty hard so I thought I’d share. Gets me every time I look at it.
I made my birthday cake (yes, I’m one of those people), and it’s completely Paleo so we’ll see how all my friends like it! I made The Urban Poser’s coconut flour pound cake, put a layer of mango curd in the middle, and then iced it with some coconut cashew frosting 😀 I can’t wait to dig in. Only after I eat some ribs though. Because it’s my birthday and I want ribs. So I shall eat ribs.
Anyways, I digress. You guys are just here for the food, sorry for stringing you along.
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, shredded*
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Worcester sauce
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp +1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- optional: cayenne if ya like it spicy
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in tin foil and bake at 400 F for 30 minutes-1 hour, depending on the size of the sweet potatoes. Check for doneness by piercing them with a fork.
- To made the BBQ sauce, whisk together all the ingredients from tomato paste to cayenne.
- Toss the shredded chicken in the BBQ sauce. Slice the sweet potatoes open, then stuff them with the BBQ chicken.
- Dig in. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.