Yes, these are Paleo.
And oh so delicious.
These are quite decadent, so I’d suggest making them with smaller cookies. Or just make the ice cream and top it with a crumbled Fudgy Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie. Yummmm.
Paleo Coffee Ice Cream
Makes about 4 servings
1 can full fat coconut milk
3 egg yolks
3 Tbsp honey
2 tsp instant coffee
pinch of salt
optional: ½ tsp almond extract
- In a small pot, whisk together the coconut milk, egg yolks and honey. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the instant coffee and pinch of salt, and simmer for about 5-6 minutes, whisking frequently for the first minute or so, then occasionally. It should thicken a bit.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temp, then place in the fridge or freezer to chill.
- Once this ice cream mixture is relatively cold, follow the instructions for your ice cream maker.
- After your ice cream has churned, place it in the freezer to harden, or eat it as is!
Chocolate Chunk Coffee Ice Cream Sammiches
Makes about 8-10 ice cream sandwiches
1 batch Fudgy Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1 batch Paleo Coffee Ice Cream
To assemble: make sure cookies are cooled to room temperature, or have been refrigerated, and that you have frozen your ice cream for an hour or so. Spoon out a hunk of ice cream onto 1 cookie, smoosh the ice cream down a bit, and top with another cookie! You can also freeze them once you’ve assembled them. They’re less messy once they’ve been frozen as a whole.