Sometimes this is me.
And that’s why I came up with these cookies. These are nice and fudgy but then you get a little crunch from the chocolate chunks, and it’s just heavenly.
These are without a doubt one of my favorite recipes I have come up with. They aren’t overly sweet which I really like, but if you want to increase the maple sugar to make them a bit sweeter you can.
And if you want to be extra naughty, you can use these to make ice cream sandwiches 😀 Chocolate Chunk Coffee Ice Cream Sandwiches to be exact! That’s actually what’s in the photo. I probably should’ve done a separate shoot for just the cookies, but ain’t nobody got time fo dat.
Fudgy Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Makes 14-20 cookies, depending on the size
¼ cup chopped dark chocolate (or baking chocolate)
¼ cup coconut oil, melted (or grassfed butter)
¼ cup+2 Tbsp date paste or honey*
1 medium banana, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup maple sugar (or coconut sugar)
½ cup almond flour**
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup chocolate chunks, chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
*How to make date paste
**Almond flour, not almond meal. They’re very different things.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F, and grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil or butter.
- Melt the coconut oil or butter in a small bowl, then add the ¼ cup chopped dark chocolate to it, and stir until the chocolate has completely melted.
- In a larger bowl, mix together the coconut oil-melted chocolate mixture with the honey/date paste, egg, mashed banana and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the almond flour and cocoa powder, then add to that the maple sugar and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir it all together. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 20 minutes. The tops of the cookies should be set. They will seem a bit soft but they will firm up some as they cool.