Hiya! So I wasn’t planning on posting this recipe, but when I posted this picture on Instagram at lunch I got a few requests for the recipe, so I figured I’d share it with everyone! I made this Super Greens soup on a whim, and I really just threw it together so I’m sure it could be improved in several ways but this is just a basic recipe, so feel free to add things to it! I like that it’s plain though, the veggies speak for themselves.
I’ve been sick the past few days so soup has really been calling my name. I wanted to make bone broth but I don’t have any bones saved up yet, and our local butcher only has them on Fridays, so I was out of luck. Instead I decided to make a soup packed with green veggies and vitamins, and this was the result! I topped it with some pulled grilled chicken breast, seasoned with garlic powder, paprika, cumin and cinnamon.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups leeks, chopped
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 cups spinach
- 4-6 cups stock/bone broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion for a minute or two, then add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the broccoli, leeks and brussels sprouts, and stir to coat in olive oil. Let cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock/broth, bring to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 15-20 minutes, until the veggies are nice and soft.
- Stir in the spinach. Remove from heat once the spinach has wilted.
- Transfer the soup to a large food processor, or use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Adjust the thickness by adding more broth/milk/water, and season to taste with salt and pepper.