Some days you just need chocolate, but you don’t have the desire to make anything extravagant. These brownies are perfect for days like this. All the ingredients are generally on hand in most paleo/primal households, and you essentially throw everything into a bowl, mix it together, pop it in the oven, and voila! 20 minutes later you’ve got a pan of fresh baked grain free brownies! The thing that I love about brownies is their irresistible smell. Cookies and cakes taste delightful but they don’t produce such a lovely, sweet fragrance like brownies do. Am I right or am I right? If you like your brownies fudgy, bake them for about 20 minutes, and if you like them cakey, bake them for closer to 25 minutes.
Paleo 1 Bowl Brownies
½ cup almond butter
½ cup coconut manna, in liquid form
1/3 cup mashed banana
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp baking soda
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp instant coffee
¼ tsp salt
½ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350 F, and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or grease with your fat of choice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut manna, mashed banana, eggs, honey and vanilla.
- Add the cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking soda and salt, and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips, then pour into the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted into the middle comes out almost clean. A few crumbs is good.
- Let cool, then slice. Super delicious with a scoop of coconut milk ice cream or coconut whipped cream!