Well happy Labor Day to all your ‘murricans out there! The weather here is pretty gloomy today so looks like I won’t be partaking in any real Labor Day celebrations. Not that there’s anyone left in Atlanta to celebrate with seeing as all of my friends are off at school already. I leave in 3 days though so I should probably start packing..
So when I’m craving bread or toast, but don’t have any of my Paleo Bread on hand, I whip one of these up and have a nice lil’ grain free english muffin in a jiffy! Thanks to this revolutionary contraption called the microwave, you can have this on your plate in as little as 3 minutes! Easy as 1-2-3.
So here ya go ladies and gents. The main event!
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp psyllium husk powder, or 2 tsp psyllium husk flakes*
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- pinch of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Whisk together the egg, olive oil and water in a mug or a small microwavable bowl or ramekin
- Add the coconut flour, psyllium husk, baking powder and salt, and whisk until there are no lumps
- Microwave on high for about 1 ½ - 2 minutes, until it is cooked through.
- Slice, toast, and serve as a bun for a lil sammich, or spread it with some grassfed butter and honey!