So as far as healthy snack/energy bars go, pickings are slim for Paleo eaters. Thus, I was inspired to create my own Paleo nut and seed energy bar, perfect for on the go snacking. I drew inspiration from KIND bars but ultimately I came up with my own combination of fruit, nuts and seeds, and I couldn’t be happier with these scrummy bars. I’m think about making some chocolate and “yogurt” dipped versions, but that’s still in the works
And because it’s hump day and I love this commercial
Paleo KIND Bars
1 cup almonds
½ cup walnuts, pecans, or your favorite nut
½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup golden raisins
2/3 cup pumpkin seeds
2/3 cup sunflower seeds
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
3 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp orange zest
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Roughly chop the nuts, then mix together all ingredients except for the coconut oil and honey in a large bowl.
- Separately mix together the oil and honey, then pour over the nut/seed mixture, and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour into the parchment lined cookie sheet and spread into an even layer with a spatula. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes, then lift up gently using the parchment paper, and place in the fridge for another 20 minutes to harden. Once solid, remove from the fridge and slice into bars of your desired size (it’s easiest if you use a nice big, sharp knife).
- To store, wrap them in parchment paper separately (so that they don’t stick together), and keep in an airtight container. I keep mine in the fridge, but you could also keep them at room temp.