The best part of waking up, is bulletproof coffee in your cup. WAY better than Folgers. What is bulletproof coffee you ask? If you’ve never heard of it, bear with me. Essentially, it’s coffee with butter in it… I swear, it’s a revelation.
This isn’t a new idea at all, but it’s new to me. I’ve been stirring a bit of butter into my coffee for a month or two now, but I finally got around to trying out Bulletproof Coffee— the Holy Grail of coffee creations that fit the Paleo bill. And holy cow, why haven’t I tried this sooner?! Normally I drink my coffee black, but this is a great way to switch things up and load up on healthy fats too. I guarantee you, a cuppa bulletproof coffee will a) taste delicious, b) keep you full longer, and c) give you lots of energy.
You can adjust the recipe to taste, as I did. Here’s my adaptation:
Bulletproof Coffee, a.k.a. the best way to start your morning
- Brew a cup of black coffee.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, blend in: ½ Tbsp grassfed butter, 1 tsp coconut oil, ½ tsp cinnamon, and a bit of stevia if you’d like.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Sip, and sigh with happiness.
But there’s more!
Since I haven’t posted much this week, I’ve got a second recipe for you this morning! I made this paleo waldorf chicken salad for a hike I went on this week with my boyfriend, and we had it in mini sandwiches on some paleo bread I had made. It was a perfect snack for refueling.
I just love the flavor and texture combination of this salad. Personally, I think it’s the best waldorf salad I’ve ever had. But I also haven’t had many waldorf salads… Just try it, and you can be the judge.
The Ultimate Avocado Waldorf Chicken Salad
1 grilled chicken breast, chopped
1 tsp grainy mustard
¼ cup grapes, sliced
1/3 cup chopped apple
1 Tbsp craisins
2 Tbsp walnuts
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ tsp dried tarragon
salt and pepper, to taste
- Mash up the avocado, and mix well with apple cider vinegar, grainy mustard, and tarragon in a bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, and toss.
- Serve on to of a bed of spinach or lettuce, or on some grain-free bread.