Happy hump day! Phew, I’m pooped. Got up early this morning to go to Crossfit. Getting up before 8 am during the summer is not my cuppa’ tea, but I wanted to get it out of the way and get my day going. I always feel so much more productive when I start my day earlier. I also conk out way earlier too. But I’ve still got a few hours of productiveness ahead of me, so I think I’ll hit the pool. That’s productive, right?
Wanna see what I ate for breakfast?
Some dank German Chocolate Pancakes. Jealous?
And lunch was today’s recipe: baked coconut crusted salmon with mango relish and ginger roasted carrots.
This is a simple yet decadent meal. I suggest prepping the carrots first and putting them in the oven, then preparing the salmon and putting it in the oven for the final 15-20 minutes that the carrots are roasting. These 3 recipes together will serve about 4 people.
Ginger Roasted Carrots
6-8 carrots, peeled and cut in ½ inch slices
1 tbsp coconut oil (or butter), melted
1 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ginger
½ tsp garlic
- Preheat oven to 200 C/400 F, and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix melted coconut oil with lemon juice, salt, ginger, garlic and pepper.
- Toss carrots in oil mixture, and spread in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes, stirring periodically.
Coconut Crusted Salmon
1 lb. salmon, cut into 4-6 filets
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp coconut milk
½ cup coconut desiccated
3 tbsp coconut flour
½ tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C/400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse salmon in cold water and pat dry.
- Squeeze lime juice all over salmon filets and set aside.
- Whisk egg with coconut milk in a small bowl, and mix coconut, coconut flour, garlic, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Dip salmon filets in egg mixture, fully coat in coconut mixture, and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until cooked through (depends on thickness of your filets)*Note: If you want your coconut more golden, you can toast it in a dry skillet over medium heat before coating salmon.
1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
Juice of ½ lime
2 tbsp green onions ,chopped
salt and pepper
optional: ½ jalapeño, sliced thin
1. Mix it all together and serve!